MONBULK BOWLING CLUB: RULES FOR BOWLING
as per Bowls Australia and Bowls Victoria guidelines
- These rules are in effect from Wednesday 28th October 2020 until further notice.
- Bowlers must register sessions in green folder near mat cupboard so Covid-19 regulations on tracking can be followed.
- Members and non-members of Monbulk Bowling Club may bowl in practice, roll ups, social bowls and pennant until further notice.
- Members over the age of 70 or who have pre-existing illnesses which make them vulnerable to Covid-19 should consider carefully whether they should go to the club.
- Club bowls will not be available for use. Bowlers must have their own bowls. No handling anyone else’s bowls or equipment.
- Maximum of 4 bowlers per rink and 20 bowlers per green.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained between all bowlers. No shaking hands or close contact.
- Bowlers must sanitise their hands before and after their bowling session. Hand sanitiser will be kept locked in the mat cupboard. But all bowlers are encouraged to also carry their own personal hand sanitiser.
- Equipment (jacks & mats) must not be shared/only handled by one person, and must be cleaned and disinfected before and after use. A spray bottle of disinfectant will be kept in the mat cupboard.
- Avoid using the water fountains at the club. Bring your own water bottle.
- Please consider others – if you are feeling unwell, do not come to the club.
- Bowlers must leave the venue at the completion of their roll up. Spectators are not allowed.
- If the clubroom is unlocked, toilets can be used. If the clubroom is locked, then you’ll have to use the public toilets over at the soccer ground.
- Masks are not mandatory while bowling, but Bowls Vic recommends that you still wear them where you can, and you must wear them off the green.
- Failure to follow these rules will result in you being excluded from the greens.
At Monbulk Bowling Club we offer:
- Access to two synthetic bowling greens each with 7 rinks for year round bowls
- Free Coaching
- Comfortable Club rooms
- Bowling under lights
- Competition and Social Bowls
- A warm and friendly atmosphere
- Low annual fees
- An active social and entertainment programme
- Access to the Monbulk Bistro
Monbulk Bowling Club has members of all ages representing the club in Pennant and Social Games.
It is easy to become involved in what is a friendly, yet competitive game. There is no such thing as a lonely bowler at monbulk.
Low Annual Club Fees
The annual fee for bowling membership is:
- Full Bowling Membership $140.00 per annum (2020/21 season)
- New bowlers $50 for first year
- Bowlers 25 or under have free membership